The purposes of the Institute are:
- to develop theoretical foundations for the field of OAE
- to develop professional standards that recognize commonality and diversity
- to undertake research and implement projects to influence the quality of practice
- to identify and develop areas of commonality with environmental education
The Institute will achieve this by:
- developing networks and exchanges for academic staff, students and practitioners
- facilitating conferences
- promoting information exchanges through electronic media, publications and congresses
- coordinating collaborative research projects
- developing transnational codes of practice
- developing professional development programmes and core curricula for programmes to achieve an international accepted degree
- monitoring and evaluating the quality of provision
Founded in 1996 the European Institute is a non-governmental association registered at the magistrates` court of Marburg in Germany.
To order our newsletter or to contact EOE with another request please send an e-mail to: contact(at)eoe-network.eu.